Saturday 21 March 2009

 

Dinner Parties

Ah, gala dinners.
The man on my left is a genetic scientist who, of course, knows my boss. The many years of drinking and plotting to write a book together! Which topic? "Oh, we've long since forgotten." The man on my right is a gay hypnotherapist, who also owns a shop for opera tickets and deals in antiques: flamboyant, wealthy, utterly without ambition.
The man on my left and the man on my right know each other, of course, from an infamous dinner party at a mutual friend. The drunken shenanigans long past!
The wife of the genetic scientist is piqued by all this knowing one another. "This city is really a village", philosophises the wife of the genetic scientist. "We do not have this in Germany."

Labels: , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]