Saturday 7 March 2009

 

The Correct Way To Serve Saki

There is a couple behind me somewhere. She raises her voice, so I look. But can’t make them out too well. They look as though they have taken the effort to dress up for going out to eat dinner in this noodle bar. She has long hair, a sleeveless blouse, he has a shirt, and chunky watch. “How could I know I was late?” she snaps, “I was in that house by myself!” As she swears and shouts in response to some comment or other one can only assume the house has no clocks, and that he should know this. He says something, and she is off again, it sounds like she has had a few drinks, probably doesn’t realise she is being so loud. But then given the attitude she is taking, she probably wouldn’t care. Meal down, bill paid, she cheerfully takes a different tone as she sits and tells the waitress about the wonders of saki, and how it should be served properly.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]