Monday 9 March 2009

 

Tourist Info On A Rainy Sunday Evening.

Stopped by two guys in the rain, we all have hoods up against the deluge. “Can you tell us where Buchanan St is?” one asks. “Sure,” I point to the bank down the street, on the corner, “take that turn, you’ll come to the concert hall, and that’s the top of the street.” It occurs to me they aren’t from here, and perhaps they are looking for the bus station, which is on this side of the concert hall, “That is what you are looking for?” I ask, attempting to clarify. “We are looking for the tourist information office,” he explains. “Ah, yeah, its down there, but its after 6.30, I’d expect it to be closed”, and on a Sunday as well. “It’ll be closed?” he asks. “Well, I can’t be sure, you could check, but I expect so.”

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]