Wednesday 15 April 2009

 

Telegraphing His Movements

Dundas Lane leads from the side entrance of Queen Street Station to Buchanan Street. I am walking in that direction when I see a Japanese man coming towards me. He has short, dark hair, and black framed glasses. He is dressed smart, though that is contrasted by the zipped up parka jacket he is wearing on top. As he walks he holds his hands out in front of him, telegraphing his movements, pointing his hands away from me, fingers outstretched as though to indicate he is going to go round me. Like an air hostess directing passengers to the emergency exits or a traffic cop directing traffic. As he passes, I catch the hands raise out of the corner of my eye, a stop motion and he comes up against the denser flow of people behind me. He seemed to think he could stop people this way, so that he could continue on his way, I didn’t look to see how he got on.

Comments:
Why? Why did you not look?
 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]