Wednesday 1 April 2009

 

Test

I am trying to sleep in the bus, but the woman with the muslim headscarf is not shy. She has a German for Beginners test coming up and she needs help, dammit!
She points to this word and tries to pronounce it. Looks at me. Right?
I shake my head. Like this!
She tries again.
I nod.
She points to the next word. I see that she has a whole sheaf of papers in her hand and sigh. It's good that she's trying to learn, right? Right. I nod.
"Got a test?" I ask her after page 3.
"Yes!" She nods excitedly. I smile.
"Is it difficult?"
She cocks her head.
"Difficult? Hard?"
"It is in 11th district", she informs me.
"Ah."
We ride on. Pages 4 to 6. I tell her, very good. Good luck.
She nods, unhurriedly. Reaches into her pockets and presses two hard boiled sweets into my hands: "Thank you!"

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]