Monday 4 May 2009

 

Its Not Supposed To Work Like That.

At the bar, ordering food. The waitress is a tiny girl. We are going through the stages of the order. She taps them into the till. One of the bar men comes to the taps beside her. He is much taller than she is. He pulls at one of the levers. There is a shower of liquid. He jumps back. She gets doused in spray. I don’t think its supposed to do that, she says. He laughs, wanders away. As we finish the order she asks if I got sprayed as well. I think you got the worst of it, I tell her. I pay, she gives me change, receipt. I go back to table.

Sitting at table. I realise with the distraction she didn’t give me the drinks. So I have to go back again. The guy is still laughing as he wanders about behind the bar. She is serving other people, who are lining up. I figure it makes sense to try and get served by her. Saves hassle. But its taking a while. Eventually the guy asks if he can help. So I tell him, and he double checks with her, calling - did you give this guy his drinks? Oh, sorry, she gushes. No problem, I tell her. And he sorts me out.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]