Sunday 14 March 2010

 

Haptic

We are at the theater, catching something as part of the annual Review of Live Arts.I come here often, so many familiar faces that I see at all kinds of performances, though have never spoken to. The group of us are working our way out from the seats at the end of the show. I stop to let a group of girls get by on the stairs, then we are walking behind them. I am familiar with the blonde girl, firmly in the frequent attendee category, I'm sure I even saw her doing an installation piece once a number of years ago. One of the other girls, long dark hair, glasses with red frames, a grey dress, from the conversation its clear that she stayed at the flat of the third girl and the blonde girl the night before. This obviously had not been planned, she aplogises to the familiar girl, tall, skinny, short blonde hair - I borrowed a pair of underwear, hope you don't mind, I didn't go through all your stuff or anything, just grabbed a clean pair. The blonde smiles, yeah thats fine, no problem. The thing is, the girl says, continuing, you are quite a bit slimmer than I am, and, she waves a hand at the blonde girls ass, then at her own, I'm a bit chunkier. From which she explains that while its great to be wearing clean underwear, they don't actually fit her very well, and to be honest aren't very comfortable. But its ok, she will wash them. As we walk round the side of the seats, out into the lobby, the girl with the glasses seems to be actually lifting the front of her skirt, as though showing exactly which pair it is that she has borrowed, and I have to say to G that I'll explain what I am laughing about after we have left here.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]