Sunday 14 March 2010

 

Mother's Day

It is mother's day here today. So the morning is a bit of a family thing. My parents, my sister and her husband and kids. The floor is plastered with toys, with books, and the like. In one corner a blue teddy bear, and in the other a pink one, both showing the wear of age. My sister stands up and announces that she is going to the toilet. My niece shouts that she is too, and goes running for the door, my sister grabbing her, scooping her up and handing her to my brother-in-law. At which point my nephew shouts that he is going as well, and makes a dash for the gap. My sister wrestles with her son, in which time her daughter gets free again, and the pair go charging through the door. My sister shrugs, closes the door and sits back down again. Neither of them need, they'll be right back, and they are. My nephew becomes distracted by his dad, going through a pack of trump cards, my niece distracted by my dad and a board game. My sister stands and without saying a word this time, she leaves the room.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]