Sunday 14 March 2010

 

Travel To Oslo

In Prestwick airport. people in line for flight to Oslo. Seems half of them have too much baggage. Two women pay the excess. A mother, with two daughters, is playing the rearranging game. some people use the scales at free desks to test theirs before they join the line. A woman in her 50s dressed like she is in her 20s. knee high boots, crotch high dress. She flashes all and sundry as she bends over to man handle her case in the least lady like fashion imaginable. That combination of white knickers and the black gusset of tights, so much for modesty. a couple who look Norwegian shout after their 5 year old, trailing his own case, the head of a bear peeking out of a pocket on the case's front. as expected my case is practically empty and I'm done. time to grab lunch before flying. food ordered. food arrives. And I take bite. And the fire alarm goes off. Everyone out! What am I supposed to do? People are taking glasses. Maybe I should take my plate? That would be daft. But with no answer I grab the plate and head for the door. Of course its at that point I am told that I can't take it with me. So I turn round to put it back on the nearest table as another member of staff appears to tell me that I can't come back, I should get out. Idiots. I manage to get my plate down and get out. We are out there on a wet October afternoon, retreat to the car park to watch the vast amounts of nothing happening. The fire brigade turn up, look around, and leave again. The staff go in first. We are supposed to wait for longer. Imagine if you had been going to have something to eat, a woman laughs to her husband, I was I pipe up, it had just arrived. Finally they let us come back in, my plate has gone, though my Irn Bru is still sitting. I grab that and wonder through to the service counter, looking concerned and lost. The chef is standing by the bar talking to the bar man, he spots me and calls – we'll get a fresh one out to you as quick as we can! And I sigh with relief. Take the same seat and wait, watching the time, hoping that this hasn't entirely thrown my schedule off. Food arrives, I eat, I get through security, I get on the plane.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]